Associate Editor with English
As an Associate Editor in our team, you’ll be responsible for writing daily news articles for Commercial Property Executive and Multi-Housing News, writing monthly metro-focused research reports for Yardi Matrix, composing blog posts for the Yardi Blog, as well as managing other, individually specified tasks (such as social media for CPE and MHN, tracking analytics data, etc.). These tasks will require an ability to monitor a set of markets to stay up-to-date with current issues, trends, deals and development projects. It also requires the ability to analyze and write about real estate data, creating easy-to-read market reports. Some interviews with industry leaders and occasional travel to conferences may be required.
What we're looking for:
- BA in English and/or Journalism, Marketing, Business, Finance (or a combination of these);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Strong writing skills – previous experience as a content/business writer is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook;
- Very good online researching skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Efficient time management;
- Knowledge of the U.S. real estate market and economic trends not required but a plus.
What you'll do:
- Develop knowledge of the economy and real estate in specific U.S. metro markets via online research, tracking press releases and online news sources, etc.;
- Write regular market reports detailing real estate and economic performance in specific U.S. metro markets;
- Write targeted news and other content for two major online publications/websites;
- Write regular blog posts for the in-house blog;
- Manage other assigned areas of the publishing business, such as social media sites, data analytics, etc.;
- Organize daily workload to meet a variety of different deadlines for the above tasks;
- Build a network of PR contacts to help stay on top of the latest news and trends in the real estate industry;
- Work with other departments within the company to obtain relevant data for specific market reports.