This position represents a great opportunity to get introduced to the highly competitive North American online marketing industry, or to advance your knowledge of it. Our dynamic marketing team in Cluj-Napoca, already counting over 60 people, is looking for a Marketing Analyst for one of Yardi Systems’ brands. Yardi’s real estate portals are helping people across the US and Canada with finding a home for sale or for rent. These websites have over 40 million page views per month, an inventory of over 2 million houses listed and frequent mentions in some of the most trafficked websites on the web such as Washington Post, Business Insider or Forbes.
As a Marketing Analyst you’ll work closely with a team of accomplished SEOs and copywriters and will be responsible with researching, analyzing and compiling real estate market reports and news stories based on industry leading datasets (e.g. US Census data, proprietary rent estimates, renter surveys) and/or user research. We’re looking for a person who is awesome at analyzing and interpreting data, but also creative in using it to generate new marketing initiatives or market reports that can be shared with the world and get featured in major US online publications.
For example, you may work on a report that shows whether there’s a link between apartment rents and proximity to subway stations in New York. This requires running SQL queries to extract rental prices from our databases, analyzing the data in Excel, interpreting the results, highlighting the most interesting findings and summarizing the findings in a short and easy-to-comprehend report. Another example of a project you will be asked to work on is compiling a list of the 20 most expensive rentals in the world. This task doesn’t require running any SQL queries and analyzing data, but pure online research. The goal of these reports is to get coverage in the media, gain exposure for our research and create interesting and engaging content for our users and our social media base.
What we're looking for:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Macros)
- Experience working with databases (MySQL or Oracle)
- At least two years of experience working as a business analyst, financial, marketing or related analyst role
- Ability to understand and interpret large sets of data
- Excellent research skills
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great report writing & summarizing skills
Other skills we value highly, though are not mandatory:
- Very good English written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong project management skills
What you'll do:
You’ll primarily be responsible for the following:
- Research, analyze and interpret data about the North American real estate industry and market trends
- Produce compelling research on the topics related to the residential rental market, user behavior or business metrics (e.g. revenue)
- Developing and reporting on marketing KPIs and campaign attribution models
- Working on data analyses that support the day-to-day SEM activities and creating user analytics reports
- Working together with other members of the marketing & design teams to create eye-catching PR stories and achieve ambitious goalsBe part of an awesome team developing and executing the content marketing strategy for a Yardi Systems division