Our Neighborhood Research Team is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated researchers, focused to make all the team’s projects a success.
Research American and Canadian communities, schools and businesses and represent them in shape files for real estate purposes using GIS tools such as Global Mapper and Quantum GIS. PropertyShark.com, Point2Homes.com, RentCafe.com are the websites where our work output is available for users. This position represents a great opportunity to use your research and analytical skills to build in-house polygon-based maps used by millions of users. You will get to work with licensed software and receive adequate training. Be part of a growing team where you can develop and feel challenged.
As a Neighborhood Researcher for Property Shark, you will be responsible with researching and updating over 133.000 communities, schools and businesses all over the USA and Canada. How will you be doing that? You will be collecting data from online sources and over the phone (City Hall websites, GIS Applications, Real Estate Websites, Real Estate Agents etc.). All the data will be geometrically represented in polygons and points using GIS tools and loaded on the company’s websites.
What we're looking for:
- University graduate or student (preferably Geography/GIS studies);
- Technical and detail-oriented person;
- Fast learner;
- Strong online research skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work with deadlines and targets;
- Global Mapper knowledge is a big plus;
- Good language skills in both spoken and written English.
What you'll do:
- Research Canadian & USA neighborhoods or school attendance areas to determine their boundaries;
- Call real estate brokers to find information about the researched area;
- Draw the researched areas using Global Mapper and deliver accurate shape files;
- Review and update existing maps;
- Upload maps on the company’s websites.