Senior Associate Editor
As a Senior Associate Editor, you’ll be responsible for writing and editing daily news articles for Commercial Property Executive and Multi-Housing News, writing and copy editing monthly metro-focused research reports for Yardi Matrix, as well as managing other individually specified tasks (assigning stories, setting up and deploying newsletters, tracking analytics data, etc.). These tasks will require an ability to monitor a set of markets to stay up-to-date with current issues, trends, deals and development projects. It also requires the ability to analyze and write about real estate data, creating easy-to-read market reports. Some interviews with industry leaders and occasional travel to conferences may be required.
What we're looking for:
- BA in English and/or Journalism, Marketing, Business, Finance (or a combination of these);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Strong writing skills – previous experience as a content/business writer is an asset;
- Strong editing skills – previous experience as an editor is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook;
- Very good online researching skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Efficient time management;
- Knowledge of the U.S. real estate market and economic trends not required but a plus.
What you'll do:
- Develop knowledge of the economy and real estate in specific U.S. metro markets via online research, tracking press releases and online news sources, etc.;
- Draw on this expertise and analysis of in-house data to write regular market reports detailing real estate and economic performance in specific U.S. metro markets;
- Draw on this expertise to develop ideas for and write targeted news and other content for CPE and MHN;
- Manage other assigned areas of the publishing business, such as assigning and editing stories, setting up, testing and deploying daily/monthly newsletters for CPE and/or MHN etc.;
- Edit daily articles for CPE and MHN, provide feedback to our writers and collaborators and contribute to improve our writing procedures;
- Copy edit research reports for Yardi Matrix, provide feedback to our writers and contribute to improving our research writing procedure;
- Organize daily workload to meet a variety of different deadlines for the above tasks;
- Build a network of PR contacts to help stay on top of the latest news and trends in the real estate industry;
- Work with other departments within the company to obtain relevant data for specific market reports.