Temporary Job: Data Entry Specialist
We are looking for 10 people to work on a large project to determine who owns every building in New York City. This full-time, temporary role requires good attention to detail, general computer and internet skills, and the ability to read legal documents in English.
We offer the same salary for temporary roles as for our permanent employees in the same position. This temporary role can be your entryway to a rewarding position. Also, a big benefit of this job is our modern and comfortable office, that is conveniently located in The Office.
Application deadline closes on March 11, 2018. The selection process is ongoing. All those who apply will be invited to a training session held at our headquarters in The Office.
Work will start mid-March and will run for 3 months, 5 days/week, 8 hours/day. Working hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
What we're looking for:
- Open to students and graduates;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good computer and internet research skills;
- Ability to read legal documents in English;
- No experience is required, but the willingness to learn.
What you'll do:
- Examine building permits, building registration documents, and title documents to discover who has signed them and who is designated as the owner (80 properties/day).
- Research property management companies on the internet to find phone numbers, email addresses, and web sites.
Are you interested in this job? If so, this is the hiring process:
- You must come to a training session. We will show you exactly how the job is done, we will explain all of the steps, and we will show you many examples.
- We will give you an account on our web-based property research tool, and we will provide a list of properties that you can practice on for a few days. If you have questions while you are practicing, we can help you by email.
- When you are ready, you can come and take the test. From our experience about 75% of candidates who make an effort to do the practice properties are successful at the test and receive an offer for employment.
- The last step will be a short interview.