Database Administrator – Mid-level
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the availability, performance, and security of the company’s database systems. This will involve planning, design, maintenance, development, troubleshooting, testing, and implementation.
You will work in a team with more than 35 colleagues, and 12 Datacenters all over the globe, for one of the most complex cloud infrastructures, listed on FORBES 2022 Cloud 100. SQL High Availability, XoSoft Replication, LiteSpeed, Foglight, and Grafana are just a few tools you`ll use in your work.
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need to be able to communicate efficiently and openly, and work well as part of a team as well as independently.
If this sounds like you, and you are oriented towards technical and personal improvement, then this role might just be for you.
This role implies both on-site and remote work, so please consider that you may occasionally be called to work from the Cluj office.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years experience with RDBMS systems;
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure;
- Knowledge of MSSQL database structure and theory;
- Knowledge of Oracle/MySQL;
- MSSQL Certification is a plus;
- .NET, VB, MVC knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with managing Relational Database Management Systems;
- Experience with installing, maintaining, and optimizing Microsoft SQL Server software or Oracle;
- Experience with writing and optimizing SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL;
- Experience with Database performance tuning;
- Experience with Operating Systems;
- Independent problem-solving and analytical skills.
What you'll do:
- Install server software;
- Configure database servers;
- Monitor and maintain system health and security;
- Design backup processes for server and associated data;
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels;
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol;
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution;
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance;
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when required;
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data;
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses;
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards;
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers, and other technical staff;
- Participate in the company’s cross-training program.
- Schedule flexibility to work with remote teams;
- Actively participate in the on-call rotation if required and follow the processes and procedures agreed upon within the team/department/company.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Highly competitive salary;
- Up to $2000 educational reimbursement plan/calendar year;
- Comprehensive private medical and life insurance plan;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Modern technology, work methods and tools;
- Possibility to participate in various training programs and conferences;
- 30 RON/day meal tickets;
- Frequent internal engagement activities, themed parties & team-buildings.
- Discount plans for fitness centers, restaurants and various service providers.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee in the office;
- Open air terraces, game rooms;
- Access to company vacation condos in the U.S.