Cloud Systems Administrator
Providing systems administration level 2 & 3 support to Yardi Systems SaaS customers as part of the 24x7x365 Cloud Services team. This is a technical role requiring experience on complex enterprise systems. The Systems Administrator II will work as part of a global team and interact with relevant internal teams to ensure requests are actioned, technical issues are resolved and the environment is optimized.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required.Technical qualifications ( MSCE and/or RHCE Preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong sense of customer service with good analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- A passion for technology and strong problem solving skills
- Must enjoy being part of a team and enjoy dealing with people
- Ability to develop a project plan and execute that plan
- Minimum 5+ years Systems Administration in enterprise environments
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience configuring, administering and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV 2012/2016 and System Center 2016
- Knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as ELK, Icinga and Graphite preferred
- Knowledge of Linux preferred
- Knowledge of scripting languages including but not limited to Powershell, Python, HTML preferred
- Knowledge of Netapp and Dell hardware preferred.
What you'll do:
- Server and application configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Administration, support and optimization of physical and virtual Windows Server and/or Linux systems in a 24×7 Cloud environment
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex hardware and software issues
- Project management
- Monitoring and responding to system alerts
- Optimizing server activity and performance
- Participating in an enterprise 24×7 support environment with weekend and on call work required
- Availability for scheduled maintenance of systems and applications.
- Work as part of a global team and liaise with global counterparts as required.
- Proactively identifying problems.
- Maintaining and improving documentation as required.
- Working on department level projects.
- Ownership of a core Cloud Technology including but not limited to storage, Systems Center, HyperV, applications, backup, Active Directory, etc.