Do you describe yourself as a person who loves data and opens an Excel spreadsheet for any task? Can you look between the rows of numbers to see the patterns and to draft ambitious solutions? Is accuracy your middle name? If so, Yardi is waiting to welcome you to the team as our Senior Analyst!
This position represents a great opportunity to get introduced to the highly competitive North American online real estate industry, or to advance your knowledge of it. Our dynamic team in Cluj-Napoca, already counting over 90 people, is looking for a Senior Analyst for one of Yardi Systems’ brands.
Yardi’s real estate portals are helping people across the US and Canada with finding a home for sale or for rent. These websites have over 40 million-page views per month, an inventory of over 2 million houses listed and frequent mentions in some of the most trafficked websites on the web such as Washington Post, Business Insider or Forbes.
As a Senior Analyst you’ll be responsible with reporting business metrics (e.g. revenue trends and forecasts, pricing) and monitoring user behavior. You’ll also work together with a team of accomplished copywriters compiling real estate market reports and news stories based on industry leading datasets (e.g. US Census data, proprietary rent estimates, renter surveys) and/or user research. We’re looking for a person who is awesome at analyzing and interpreting data, but also creative in using it to generate new initiatives or market reports that can be shared with the world and get featured in major US online publications.
For example, you will work on our monthly revenue report which covers US and Canada markets. This requires running SQL queries to extract all the data from our database, analyzing it in Excel, interpreting the results and highlighting the most important conclusions. On the other side of the spectrum, another example of a project you will be asked to work is compiling a list of the 20 most expensive rentals in the world. This task doesn’t require running any SQL queries and analyzing data, but pure online research. The goal of these reports is to get coverage in the media, gain exposure for our research and create interesting and engaging content for our users and our social media base.
What we're looking for:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. Pivot Tables, Lookup functions);
- At least 5 years of experience working as a business analyst, financial, marketing or related analyst role;
- Ability to understand and interpret large sets of data;
- Great attention to details;
- Excellent research skills;
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Great report writing & summarizing skills;Other skills we value highly, though are not mandatory:
- Experience working with databases (MySQL or Oracle);
- Very good English written communication skills;
- Experience in working with data visualization tools;
- Experience in the real estate industry;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Strong project management skills.
What you'll do:
- Report business metrics (e.g. revenue) and monitor user behavior;
- Research, analyze and interpret data about the North American real estate industry and market trends;
- Developing and reporting on KPIs and campaign attribution models;
- Produce compelling research on the topics related to the residential rental market,
- Working on data analyses that support the day-to-day SEM activities and creating user analytics reports;
- Working together with other members of the teams to create eye-catching PR stories and achieve ambitious goals;
- Be part of an awesome team developing and executing the content strategy for a Yardi Systems division.